[photo] Sam was busy today laying black plastic mulch. We use it to warm the soil, suppress weeds and conserve irrigation water, delivered via a tube under the plastic.
I'm sorry to say it, but for the second time in a row, I'm running late and don't have time to write this. I'm sorry! (Why am I late? My 97-year-old mother -- who lives with us here at the farm -- has had some recent dizziness and other symptoms which her doctor told me this afternoon, over the phone, that she should be taken to the emergency room for, although they were not life-threatening. After I spent much of the afternoon with her here, Chris has now taken her down to the nearest hospital while I try to get this store open!)
- Every-other-week until the beginning of June. (This is the last two-week gap.)
- Every week from June to Thanksgiving.
See the list, please. There are actually new items not shown below. Check out the store to find them!
This week's line-up
- Greens: Arugula, rainbow chard, watercress, dandelion, Lacinato kale, micros (microgreens mix, pea shoots), spinach (incl. XL bags), stir fry mix. Plus lettuce.
- Veggies: Asparagus, dry beans, carrots, celeriac, garlic (bulbs & bunches), Jerusalem artichokes, parsnips, breakfast radishes, black radishes, rhubarb, scallions, sweet potatoes & turnips. Plus greenhouse tomatoes are here!
- Mushrooms: Criminis, white button & Blue Oyster
- Herbs: Basil, chives, cilantro, fennel leaf, Greek oregano, Italian parsley, peppermint, sage, French sorrel & our small herb sampler.
- Poultry: Frozen stewing hens & eggs, and eggs.
- Cheese: cow cheeses; goat cheeses; Trickling Springs butter
- Preserves: A lot, both sweet & savory.
- Apples: I found some more Pink Lady apples at another orchard.
- Firewood: 40-lb. boxes of logs. One box left for your outdoor fire ring.
Hoping to see you Saturday,
Randy, Chris & Sam
your Star Hollow Farmers
Photo: Our peppermint is looking awesome!